Monday, June 1, 2009

Back from Canada!

I talked to George tonight - I'm still high from it :) We were discussing their recent trip to Canada- the girls first plane ride and visit to Appachchi since she left a few months after they were born. I can't even begin to imagine the joy she must have had seeing her little grand babies and being able to show them off to her friends and family that had yet to meet them. George says the girls traveled very well (better than my kids it sounds).

A few months back I sent George and Sanj a blog about some new parents (via surrogacy) who also happen to be gay . . . and the craziness that insued while attempting to make a trip to visit the grandparents. "Where Did You Get Them," was written by Max Mutchnick. Perhaps my new IPs would get a kick out of reading this too.

It was really nice to speak about the new journey with George as well. I wasn't able to speak with Sanj, maybe in the next few days. George told me that they have talked a bit about what's next for me and have been thinking back to when we all first started our journey . . . about how great it was to get to know me in the first few months (I love that part of the process too) and about how Sanj and he are very excited to support me in my new journey. They are really amazing. That is one of the side effects of surrogacy . . . you add more people to your circle of friends and family. People who are awesome and loving and want more than anything to be parents. When I think about the Parents (and soon to be Parents) I've meet, I wonder if Anjali and Natasha will ever meet my next surro-kiddos or if George and Sanj will ever meet J and S. That would be one cool lunch date!

No comments: