Sunday, September 18, 2011

Waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . .

A little update . . .

So as I said before, we were hoping for a late October or November transfer but now it seems like I'll be lucky if I'm pregnant before 40. Just Kidding, it won't be that long . . . but man, I hate it when things don't move seamlessly . . . which pretty much never happens in Surrogacy, so I should be used to it.

I got an email from my case coordinator at Growing Generations letting me know that the Egg Donor won't be able to make it into the RE’s office for her physical screening until mid-October. I guess Dr. Kolb is on vacation and then so is she . . . but that still doesn't count the other weeks. I don't mean to complain, just vent . . .. because It will take at least two weeks to get her results after the 12th.

I usually don't really care when this all goes down, but I was really trying for my last journey to not mess with my teaching gig as much. In the past, because I was carrying twins I was taken off of work early, so I missed the whole semester. This time around I was hoping that because our goal is one baby, and we were looking at an early fall transfer, I was thinking a summer birth and I wouldn't need to take off even one day. We'll see .. . . fingers crossed that we transfer by at least mid December.


Woot! Woot! I just got an email from GG saying that the Egg Donor can go get her screening done THIS WEDNESDAY! YAY!!!! I guess the squeaky wheel gets oil! I had emailed GG asking why she couldn't get in earlier (since there was 4 weeks and only 2 were blocked for travel of the DR and ED) . . . YAY!!!!!!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Echo . . . . Echo

The hardest thing about having my own blog and blogging for The Next Family is trying not to repeat myself. I planned on writing an update here the other day but my life has been crazy lately . . . kids started school, I'm teaching Full Time at the College this semester, had to travel out of town to meet my IPs last week and for a family event and to order clothes for next Spring for my Store, Ruby Q's. I really did plan on writing it but I'm exhausted . . . so here is the link to the Update I posted on the other blog about our AWESOME in person meeting with my IP's last week.

I wanted to do it justice on this site too but seriously, I'm still running around like a crazy woman . . . so to summarize . . . WE LOVE THEM, WE LOVE THEM, WE LOVE THEM. I am so excited to proceed in this journey. M and S, my IPs, have given me permission to blog about our journey. They said it was okay to use their names, but I'm going to just do initials. When we were down in LA with them, one of the things I kept thinking is how George and Sanj would like them too. I now have this day dream of a year or two from now, my family flying over to Australia to go visit M, S and their baby and meeting up with George, Sanj and my surro-girlies (Sanj has relatives close to where M and S live). . . ONE BIG, HAPPY, PICNIC! Ahhhhh LOVE!

Now, the only update I have now, that I didn't have for TNF blog was that it looks like we may have our Calendar by the end of September . . . which would mean an October transfer . . . which could mean July delivery . . . which for my teaching gig would be Perfect!

More later!