Sunday, November 16, 2008

Big Belly Kelly




You would not believe how big my belly is. It is crazy. I remember just bragging weeks ago (or was it days) that I'm doing so well . . . yada, yada, yada. Well, I'm changing my tune- I'm ridiculous. My friends are gasping and laughing and not under their breath or behind my back . . . to my face! Can you believe it? The nerve! :) One of my best friends said I need to update the Pumpkin Smuggler shirt picture because it's old (and false advertisement) so I'll try to take a quick belly pick today and post it.
I keep thinking about the longer these little ladies stay in for the better, but also the longer it will be until I can bend over again, shave my legs, get up from my sofa and bed without assistance. I've had some people ask me if the babies have "dropped"- I'm not sure that happens really with 2, drop where? They're taking up every bit of space in my abdomen, I don't think there is anywhere else to go, except the nearest exit and they are not rushing to get out of my uterus, that's for sure. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've said it time and time again, MY UTERUS ROCKS . . . if I were in there, I wouldn't want to leave either, but come on, there are tons of people who are waiting to meet the girls, so I think they need to pick up the pace.

I have been having contractions for a few weeks now and at night I notice them a lot more. However, they are not consistent . . . usually anywhere from 8 to 15 minutes apart . . . then nothing. We'll see if anything happens in the next few days, or hours. One thing that is a little different getting ready to birth someone else's babies is that I have not noticed any "nesting instinct". Before all three of my kids I went through this uncontrollable urge to clean, fix, prepare various things. We will see if it ever happens (like in the next week or so) but I kind of doubt it. I do have to prepare for my absence and the recovery from a possible C-section but nothing "uncontrollable".

I'll try to post more in the next few days, since it's coming to an end, so keep checking back . . . you never know when I'll be going in for the big push (or cut).

No comments: