Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's in a Birth date? (Vote at end)

As we get closer to the due date it seems everyone has a feeling or at least hopes the babies will be born on a specific day. It may revolve around a lucky number or a date that has some sort of astrological significance. Perhaps, it's just your own (or another family members) birthday. Regardless of how you came up with your birthday guess, please feel free to cast your vote in the comment section at the end of this post. If for no other reason than for bragging rites. It will be documented and easily linked for that fun "I was right and you were wrong" email you send to friends and family that also voted, but were not as omniscient as yourself.

For the record, I actually have a few guesses (hedging my bets) . . . First, November 11th or the 22nd. Why you ask? Eleven and Twenty-two are two of my lucky Roulette numbers. Both would be a double dose 11/11 and 11/22. November 11th would put the girls in the astrological sign of Scorpio, just like me and my own daughter . . . and there is nothing cooler than a female Scorpio! (The 22nd is on a cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius- depends on where you read). The other date that seems to come up often is November 13th. It would still have the lucky 11 aspect (because of the month) but this number is more of a "feeling" . . . plus as I was writing this very sentence, I looked up at my clock on my laptop and it said 11:13 PM HELLO!! Does it get any more obvious? ha!

I'm not going to be picky, if the 11th or 13th comes and goes, that's fine, but anytime between the 7th and 19th would be awesome because my mom will be here visiting and it would be great to give birth while she was here to help my family while I'm pushing out some Scorpios!

As you're thinking about a date, if you don't already have one in mind, a little information for you to make a great educated guess:

Remember the due date is December 15th (40 weeks) and most twins don't hang out that long.

We will not be giving birth after December 5th, as they will induce sometime between November 30-December 5th if we make it that far.

Dr. Knight told us that week 35 is the date we want to make it to, after that, they'll let me progress.

My own singleton pregnancy's arrived at 36, 37 and 38 weeks.

About half of twins, and the majority of higher order multiples, are born at least a month early.

Oh- and here's a new belly pic!
Photobucket


VOTING WAS OVER AFTER THE BIRTH and results were pulled.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna say, 11-14, starting labor on the 13th but babies born on the 14th :)

Anonymous said...

I say nov. 15th (my birthday). I was born at 3:30pm.

Stacie Ardoin said...

Nov. 14, which is my birthday. Or Nov. 15, which would be my lucky birthing day since both my kids were born on the 15th of the month. Hang in there!
-Stacie

Anonymous said...

November 21st!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

November 15th, that's my baby's first birthday!

Anonymous said...

November 11. I've been seeing 11:11 repeatedly for almost a year and until now didn't understand why.

I love my baby girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I want you to try for my birthday, November 21st, ok? But I've got a funny feeling about the 12th!
--Tori
Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

I SAY THE 19TH .....BEFORE I NEED TO GO HOME...


MOM

Unknown said...

I'm going to say 11/18...just because:) If I haven't already told you I think you're awesome for doing this, consider it said!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this information.
How To Date A Scorpio