Monday, October 13, 2008

Babymoon or weeks of nail biting?



We're at 31 weeks now and things are moving along. Our last appointment went great. Babies are doing well and I'm only up 20 pounds. If Dr. Knight was a kindergarten teacher, I would have left his office with the biggest gold star you've ever seen. Sadly, he's not, so I got a "Good Job Kelly" and a big smile . . . but that will do. After the appointment, we took the Hospital Tour. I've delivered there twice but thought it was a good idea for the parents to see how things will work during our stay. Nothing really changed, except they didn't give out the "how to cut your umbilical cord with car keys" in case you deliver in your car handout that Rick and I got back in 2003. Not sure if they've decided not to freak people out or if it in fact was as dirty and unhygienic as it seemed back then.

Now, for the next few weeks. I'm hoping that it is very uneventful. The Parents have left the country for about 3 weeks. Perhaps it's for a Babymoon and family wedding rolled into one. For me, its a one way ticket to Freakoutville. Where every night I dream about going into labor between 31-33 weeks. Where every cramp, ache or weird feeling makes me take a deep breath and tell myself, it's nothing, nothing is going to happen. Where I count down until their return October 29th. Don't get me wrong, I know that if something does happen, they'll come back immediately but I'm still freaked for some reason. I do have plenty to do to pass the time, I need to get prepared for the upcoming weeks- but that will be in my next post.

No comments: