Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We'll Make Our Own Positive PR!

After my last post, about the negative PR Surrogacy gets, my friend Stacie (also a surrogate starting her 2nd Journey) decided to post a paper she wrote about one of the coolest surrogates she knows, besides herself. Who you ask? Really? You need to ask??

Basically, Stacie had a writing assignment in her English class where she had to interview someone and write about it . . . Ladies and Gentlemen . . . I give you, "The Sunny Side of Surrogacy". Oh, and I think "Greg" and "Samir" will love it! LOL.


*****Updated*****

Here's the horrible article that set me off on the Negative PR post. And below is my email to the author.

Re: The Surrogate Life Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:22 AM
From: "Kelly Rummelhart"
To: leah.finnegan@gmail.com

Saw your article. Have to say I'm glad that you didn't go through being a surrogate. After you have your own kids, if you ever decide to help a couple in need, please let it not be about the money- as you will NEVER have the best experience if you are "renting your womb" versus helping a couple become a family and find a legitimate agency. I've never seen my surrogacy as a "Business Opportunity" but that as helping gay men have the family the deserve.

It would have been nice to see some positive PR about surrogacy, instead of another person with no experience joking and making it negative. I get it, you wanted to come off as funny, quirky, cool. I know, I'm biased so instead of enjoying your article I sat there shaking my head, thinking, "here's another one".

Feel free to visit my blog (below) where you can see what it's like when you can blend humor and surrogacy with a positive outcome.

Kelly



Kelly's Surrogacy Blog
http://www.justthestork.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good for you! Here's some positive Pr for you...After meeting you and Stacie at Bunco, I saw that sane people can really do this! Now I'm in the process of becoming a surro-mama too! Keep up the good work . ah, and by the way, your blog is hilarious!

Stacie Ardoin said...

You go, Kelly! ¡Si, se puede! I swear we are going to organize-- Gestational Surrogate Guild? United Surrogates of America?