Monday, November 14, 2011

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program

Do you hear that? It's the sound of brakes . . .

So I got an email from Growing Generations today saying that instead of Harvesting, the Egg Donor has to continue to be monitored. Her next appointment is the 16th. If things are good she may harvest on the 17th, if not, more monitoring. Ugh! If you haven't figured it out yet, that means I will definitely not be transferring this Friday.

I am sooooo stressed out by this. Things were coming together so nicely. I wanted to transfer in November and when things were looking bad, they turned around and squeezed us in. I only had a few "black-out" dates, dates that won't work for me and they missed them all. I would've transferred on a Friday and been back in time to teach 7:30am on Monday. Now I don't know. I was really hoping to not miss any days teaching and had told them (and just reminded them) that I can't do a Monday and Wednesday . . I can do OR if need be but not both. We'll see what happens.

It's just so hard because I don't want to be the glitch . . . but at the same time I need to protect my future. I was hired as Long Term Temp at the College I've taught at for the last 9 years and now, there is a Full Time Tenure Track Position Open (with mainly Human Sexuality) and I'm not about to blow my chances by missing a week of work (Monday AND Wednesday). I have waited too long for this. At the same time I don't want to jepordize the guys chances of transferring ASAP either . . . not sure what the options are . . . . Can we just decided on a 3 day or 5 day instead waiting to make the decision? Can they have the ED "hover" on meds so she can harvest a few days later?

*Have I mentioned that all this is happening with elevated hormone levels? The fact that I'm still typing, instead of chucking this computer across the room is a big deal*

Honestly, I'd rather transfer around Thanksgiving and miss that than miss teaching. I wrote an email to the RE saying as much. Thanksgiving is NOT blacked out. I can eat Turkey with my family next weekend.

So everyone, keep your fingers crossed that I have one more thing to be Thankful for.

6 comments:

Madgew said...

I hope this work. Are you sure this is what you now want to do with the job prospects? Maybe do it in a better month that works for all of you. They have had many glitches and now you are entitled to one. I hope this all works out.

Jeni said...

Fingers crossed that the timing will be perfect all around!

Hang tough!

:)

Mme Marron said...

Hang in there, Kelly. You're an incredible woman. Something will come through that will make it all work out---and I do know how infuriating it is to have someone say that, especially when you're hormonal! But a lot of people love you and are pulling for you and that support matters.

Stephanie
(Anjali and Natasha's surroAuntie)

Mike and Tony said...

Fingers and toes crossed!

Jesse said...

Ugh-sorry for the delay!! Hoping for a "good timing" transfer for you!!

Kelly & Her Uterus said...

Thanks everyone! We'll know more tomorrow. All I know is that either way, I'll be back in time for Natasha and Anjali's THIRD BIRTHDAY Party on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

@Madge- this change is still better than the alternative. If I transfer this month, I'll deliver late July/early August and it won't affect teaching.