. . . Not patience, that's for sure! I am really trying to hold on to some sort of hope for a November transfer but I think I just need to let the idea go because I'm really stressing myself out. In my last two journeys, I didn't really have a "need to be pregnant by" date, so when we had issues with the RE office not knowing George and Sanj had picked an Egg Donor or when a different Egg Donor backed out the week of the transfer, I was able to shake it off.
But this time, not so much. First let me say that in the grand scheme of things, I know it will all work out some way, even if not my Plan A or Plan B . . . but if we could transfer in November (and if it takes the first time, like my last two transfers) that would have me delivering before my teaching semester begins, which, this time is something I'm aiming for. The last two times I was teaching part time at the College, and this time I may be too but for now I'm full time (temporary) and I'm hoping my department ends up being able to hire a full time (tenure track) Assistant Professor. I know there are a lot of "what ifs" in this scenario, but I'm really hoping to deliver in July or August, which is doable with a November transfer. Hell, even then, that's me going to work just a week or two after a c-section, but it's better than losing an entire semester or part of it.
As of today, our Egg Donor is finally Medically cleared, so we can proceed, right? Wrong! Apparently her Legal Clearance hasn't been issued yet. I only have a few more days for this to work for November, so I really hope she gets her paperwork in ASAP. I'm actually not quite sure why it hasn't been done already. I mean, she screened mid-September.
********************* DEEP BREATH *********************
Sooooooooooooooo, please join with me to pray to the Surrogacy Gods to help light a fire under my Egg Donors butt, albeit, probably a very cute butt, she is an Egg Donor after all!)