Sunday, September 18, 2011

Waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . .

A little update . . .

So as I said before, we were hoping for a late October or November transfer but now it seems like I'll be lucky if I'm pregnant before 40. Just Kidding, it won't be that long . . . but man, I hate it when things don't move seamlessly . . . which pretty much never happens in Surrogacy, so I should be used to it.

I got an email from my case coordinator at Growing Generations letting me know that the Egg Donor won't be able to make it into the RE’s office for her physical screening until mid-October. I guess Dr. Kolb is on vacation and then so is she . . . but that still doesn't count the other weeks. I don't mean to complain, just vent . . .. because It will take at least two weeks to get her results after the 12th.

I usually don't really care when this all goes down, but I was really trying for my last journey to not mess with my teaching gig as much. In the past, because I was carrying twins I was taken off of work early, so I missed the whole semester. This time around I was hoping that because our goal is one baby, and we were looking at an early fall transfer, I was thinking a summer birth and I wouldn't need to take off even one day. We'll see .. . . fingers crossed that we transfer by at least mid December.

***********UPDATE****************


Woot! Woot! I just got an email from GG saying that the Egg Donor can go get her screening done THIS WEDNESDAY! YAY!!!! I guess the squeaky wheel gets oil! I had emailed GG asking why she couldn't get in earlier (since there was 4 weeks and only 2 were blocked for travel of the DR and ED) . . . YAY!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the option to change your mind and find a couple that works well for all of you? Otherwise I guess it is what it is and happens when it does.

Kelly Enders-Tharp said...

Of course but you never know what can happen. You could leave and pick another couple, but who says that will happen? ED issues? Failed Transfers? etc. You can't be a surrogate if you are not flexible.

I really like my new IPs- I am not going anywhere . . . unless it's over a year or two. . . I am not getting any younger but I also don't back out after I've made an agreement.

This was just a venting post.

Julie Collins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Enders-Tharp said...

@Julie- not usually. Most try for fresh embryo transfer and then freeze the leftovers (if any) for a future transfer . . . if it's unsuccessful or if they try for a sibling.