Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is gender that important? Perhaps we shouldn't tell you . . .



JUST KIDDING! So we just got back from all the Doctor appointments today- by we I mean myself and the two little princesses I'm carrying.

We had our big ultrasound today and in the process learned several things.

1. They're back to thinking only one placenta, not two (so they may be identical twins like we originally thought).

2. Baby A was a bit shy not showing us too much but finally in the end they said she's a girl.

3. Baby B was not shy at all- showing us all her girlie parts.

4. They don't provide spare pants if you pee yourself on the table. (I didn't, no worries, but it would've been nice to have the option)


I'm sure I'll post more later but I wanted to get this up before we go camping. I know a lot of you were dying to find out what gender they are, so I didn't want to torture you any longer.

The one major change because they're twins and also with one placenta is that we have to go in more often. I go back in 4 weeks but after that I will have to go in every 2 weeks. Then starting at 32 weeks, I'll have to go in twice a week for
Non-stress tests. I have 3 kids at home, so I was thinking I could just phone in and they could tell how stressed I was . . . but I found out that it's the babies they're testing, not me . . . so that's good! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on twin girls! My monozygotic twin girls are now nearly 6. One thing I can tell you is that early on they said two placentas, but as they grew the placentas fused and you couldn't tell that on the ultrasound. So here's to hoping they've just met in the middle. :-)

Anonymous said...

YEA!! 2 more girlie twins in the world! I will tell mine so they can celebrate! I am so happy that everything is going well for you! I'm sure the "parents" are beside themselves by now! You are doing an awesome job, I just can't say enough how impressed and touched I am with this wonderful gift you are giving!!!

Michelle said...

You are an amazing woman...and giving the best gift ever....Congrats on gurly twins...Tell mom and dad to start saving for clothes now..Girls are way more expensive;0