Sunday, April 20, 2008

Super Uterus!


We had the first ultrasound yesterday and everything looks good so far.

The image on the right is from our ultrasound. You will notice (at this time) there are 2 embryos, that's right two.

However, they couldn't really see a membrane. What this means is that there may be a chance that these are identical twins, versus fraternal twins. If this ends up being accurate, of the three blastocysts placed into my uterus, two didn't attach but one of the blastocysts divided into 2 embryos . . . and those 2 attached. I go back in for 2 more ultrasounds at 8 weeks and 10 weeks, so maybe the membrane will show up better or they will rule that these are, in fact, identical twins.

This is very exciting. The Intended Parents are so excited. My kids are really excited. Rick is excited that we don't have to raise twins. So pretty much it's a WIN for everyone.

My family is a bit concerned with certain Risk Factors that are more likely in multiple pregnancies, but I am going to remain positive. I am a researcher and a have no problems asking TONS of questions, so chances are I will know all the possible issues and what I can do to try to prevent them. I am a "glass half full" type of gal (in this case 2 glasses that are half full) so I'm sure it will all be great. I will get huge, but I get huge anyway. I already have been stretched- so bring it on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Don't let your stomach get empty. That's the only trick that worked for me with my twins!
Congratulations!

~Christina S.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! Multiple kids rock! I think twins, triplets, etc. have more fun compared to a single blastocyte!

--Dee

Sirid said...

I'm a friend of Sanjeev's and he pointed me to your blog... hooray for twins! Got a pair of my own. Take good care of the little buggers and I'll be monitoring your blog for progress.

--Sirid K.