Thursday, June 30, 2011

Allie the Ally's 2011 Pride Adventure

So as I stated in my last post, my friend Stacie thought we should bring my uterine plush, Allie the Ally to Pride with us this year . . . a la Flat Stanley adventures. Allie and I thought that was a splendid idea!

So Friday Allie and I drove to Rocklin to pick up fellow surrogates Stacie and Heather- I am sure you remember them from our adventure to Pride last year.
Photobucket

Anyway, the three uh, I mean four of us started our drive to San Francisco . . . but not before stretching out the ol' uterus and "smelling the flowers"
Photobucket

We settled into The Westin and waited for our other surro friend, Katie, to join us. When she arrived, we went out to eat and had a few drinks.
Photobucket
my apologies about "the rack" shot but we were trying to get one of Allie without me holding her up . . . drinks hit her pretty hard, especially since she doesn't drink very often and last Pride she was carrying a set of wonder twins, so it was a "Dry" Pride.

After dinner the five of us decided to head to Castro via Muni. Here's Allie at the Castro Station
Photobucket

and of course, whenever in Castro, you have to stop by Hot Cookie!
Photobucket

We walked around for awhile, taking in all the excitement and then, because we are four old, married, straight ladies, decided to head back to the hotel around 1:00 am. Of course, Allie wanted to party it up but I have the brain, so I decide where my legs take us. Here she is at Harvey Milk Plaza!
Photobucket

Saturday we just walked around the City and you'll never guess who surprised us at Brunch . . .
Photobucket
George was there too but he was taking this picture of Sanj, my surro girlies and me, so he's not pictured :( But he was there and we had the best brunch ever. It was great to visit with them and get some surro girlie time!

Sunday was PARADE time so we got our 2011 Pride shirts on, Allie ironed her rainbow cape and we picked our spot
Photobucket
Photobucket

After, we attended the Official San Francisco Pride VIP Party in the historic City Hall Rotunda. I'm not sure we'll attend this party again, as it left lots to be desired, but at least the "cover" was a donation.

Virgin Atlantic was a sponsor so Allie and I decided to do an impression of the two of us flying to LA for my Surrogacy Screening
Photobucket

Here we all are
Photobucket

And here's Allie in all her Glory!
Photobucket

We are discussing perhaps attending Pride in New York next year, or maybe Heather's home town of Chicago? We'll see, we have a year to plan (and we may have to work around a pregnancy or two or three (since Heather, Stacie and I are all thinking of third journeys).

Of course, if a Pride Parade decides to have Allie, Me, or any of my surro friends as one of their Grand Marshals, then I guess we'll go there.

Have uterus, will travel!

4 comments:

Mandie said...

Oooh, Chicago! My former IFs and I are thinking of doing pride together next year (kids and all), hopefully with me in all my pregnant glory. :D

Krystal said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Looks super fun! I am glad you guys had a great time!

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com